Re: Isis and Osiris--Victory At See

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Ralph,

Congratulations on breaking 70" in the system! It sounds like your room
is the main limiting factor in further improving the performance of your
system.

Regarding your tuning question:
You actually have only a single primary LC circuit that just happens to
have two primary windings connected in series. Each secondary is driven
by it's mating primary winding just as in a typical 2-coil system. And,
as in a 2-coil system, maximum energy transfer from primary to secondary
occurs when the primary is driven by current that oscillates at the same
frequency as the secondary's resonant frequency. This means that the
entire primary LC circuit (with the combined inductances of the two
primaries) must be tuned to oscillate at the same operating frequency as
the matched secondaries for best performance. Ideally, your secondary
inductances, capacitive coupling to surroundings, primary inductances,
and coupling factors would also be the same. But, as you've seen, the
realities of getting the entire system in proper "balance" can be a fair
challenge... :^)

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--