Re: Dissolve Xfmr laminations

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

> Hi Daniel
>
> I would be concerned about stripping the coating on the laminations that
> protects them from eddy currents. I have never had any trouble getting apart
> the laminations with a butter knife once a few of them have been removed. Of
> course it might be very difficult to get out the first few laminations, and
> the extraction might even destroy them.
>
> Godfrey Loudner

	The oxide coating on the surface of each lamination provides the
necessary insulation, and if the laminations are packed in as tightly as
they should be the varnish won't penetrate the stack.  All along I have
assumed the purpose of this discussion was just to get the laminations,
and not try to use the existing windings.

Ed