I just got to say one thing...

Original poster: "Neil Richardson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <neil-at-opticalrealities-dot-com>

HV Tickles. I have been tuning my coil, and just as my finger is 2" away
from it, white sparks fire to my finger. It REALLY tickles! I don't feel a
thing when my finger is at 1" from it, as a purple arc develops then, and as
you all know - its high frequency. I reckon its weird how the white sparks
from the tesla coil only tickle, yet the white spark from the primary, lower
voltage side make you scream, jump, or convulse. I find that quite weird in
a way.