MOT current draw question

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi all.

	I just got a new current xfmr, and used it to measure the current draw
on all my HV xfmrs.  My copier trannies measured acuratly at 8.4 amps,
but my MOTs were a different story.  According to the current xfmr and
Fluke meter they pull between 20 and 40 amps!  That can't be right,
since I did the test on a 15 amp breaker which is supposed to trip at
17.5 amps.  What is happening?  How can I get an accurate measurment?

Thanks,

Winston K.