Re: Tuning Isis and Osiris

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

<Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

> Q:
> What's happening here? F res for EACH secondary is 151 kc. I have tuned the
> two primaries in series and across Cp. That's how they are connected in the
> twin. But
> I have tuned the two primary coils in series so the TWO of them resonate at
> 151 kc. Then we
> are going to wrap each primary around its secondary with the two primaries in
> series
> and across Cp. Is each primary resonating at 75.5 kc? The primaries are far
> apart and the bases of the secondaries are tied
> together and grounded to the power line ground. And to make things even
> funnier,

Your tuning seems correct.
The primaries will act as a single one, operating at 151 kHz, ideally
transferring equal amounts of energy to the two secondaries, if the
system is really symmetrical. Asymmetries (as different secondary coils)
would increase the effective order of the system, making the voltage
peaks at both secondaries not anymore coincident (an opposite).
Weird things can happen, as energy oscillating between the two
secondaries
instead of between the primary and them.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz