Re: Running Coil without secondary coating?

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

Kenneth,
        I found it (Thanks)!!!!, and its "www.mcmaster-carr-dot-com".

By the way, I've also found some "quad thickness" polyester coated magnet
wire at MWS Wire Industries (www.mwswire-dot-com) and just ordered some.
Its expensive and the minimum order is large, but I want to do the experiment
and see if this clears up my racing sparks problem.

I looked at the standard wire charts, and #24 wire single thickness coating
has 1.2-mils coating, but #36 has only 0.6-mils coating.

Using double thickness #24 and quad-thickness #36 they both have about 2-mils
insulation. The guy that I placed the order with said #24-double was good for
about 4000v between twisted wires ie. pretty close contact.

I hope this plus a few coats of the insulating varnish after I've wound
my secondaries to clear up my racing spark problems.

I'll let the group know either way.

Peter Lawrence.

(ps, this is for 3.5"x11" small secondaries that I've been having racing spark
problems with ever since I went to small wire for more turns and upped
my NST to 9-30).

(pps, really great bare wire and insulated wire tables at www.mwswire-dot-com)