HV Wire

Original poster: "Erik Kettenburg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <missyrat-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi,
today I went to a local electronic supply store and bought some HV wire and
some ground wire and I'm wondering they are going to be good enough for my
tesla coil

The transofrmer I'm using is a 15kv 30ma NST and that and all the other
compnents wil be hooked up with the HV wire. The stuff I got today is
20 AWG
30 KVDC
Silicon Insulated
150 degrees C
It's not copper but I dunno what it is

The secondary as well as the NST will both be grounded with the grounding wire
to a isolated 8ft ground rod
The wire I got for that is
6 AWG
600V
Normal insulation
copper stranded
THHN gasoline and oil resistent heavy duty ground wire

will these types of wire work?
will I experiance any problems with these wires, if so what?

thank you
-Erik Kettenburg
<mailto:missyrat-at-missyrat-dot-com>missyrat-at-missyrat-dot-com  - http://missyrat-dot-com
The Geek Group - Geek #1191 Rank  G-1