Re: Ball Lightning

Original poster: "Nebojsa Kovacevic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <morfeus-at-EUnet.yu>

Hi Ed, All!

Maybe you haven`t had the chance to read this so far:Using the high
frequency coil to arc to
the low frequency coil, the low frequency coil would then release its
energy rapidly, in a
burst.  The burst of energy released manifests itself in the shape of a
ball or "bubble."  Due
to the faster voltage rise on the high frequency coil and the subsequent
short duration arc to
the low frequency coil, the low frequency now sees a a low impedance where
it would normally
see a high impedance. The energy trapped in the coil when the oscillator
was on must now be
dissipated very quickly at this lower impedance point, hence the burst.
I wasn`t talking about two identical coils last time. The apparatus
consists primarily of two
one-quarter wavelength, slow wave helical resonators above a conducting
ground plane.  Both of
the resonators were magnetically coupled by a common link to a spark gap
oscillator, of high
peak power. This is not something I have tryed, but are the conclusions of
Corum brothers based
on Tesla notes about the ball lightning effects.
I was just wondering if anyone has tryed to go in this way. It is preety
much theory only, as I
haven`t seen this works so...

Regards,
Nele

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Nebojsa Kovacevic by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <morfeus-at-EUnet.yu>
> >
> >     * Hello Terry!
> >
> > I believe you are right about that. I was thinking the same way, but I
> was just
> > wondering, considering what people are talking about ball lightning, if
> anyone
> > considered experiments in the area of using two frequency colisions,
> instead of
> > carbon particles or something else. I will have to check here at the
Museum,