Re: Resonant Rings & CSN Calc.s for single looped primary.

Thank you for this posting.In Dr moray's lab. He had 8 ft secondaries 12-16
in dia with 1 to 3 turn primaries of 3/8 thick 2 in copper straps to use in
his experiments.Note: morray was a Tesla contemperary who invented the
transistor (proven in court Morray Vs: Western electric) The resonant
frequency of those coils could be measured, but how do you calculate them.
They are small in relationship to wave length, but they resonate about 230K
hz in the setups. Tests and numbers don't match. But they work in his lab.
 Morray's grand son gave me acces to his grand fathers lab to study a
problem of people who could see results but could not make theory to match.
> From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:18:46 -0700
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Resonant Rings & CSN Calc.s for single looped primary.
>
> Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
> Found this in Notes, sorry for late reply; harvich
>
> --- Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
>> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
>> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>
>>
>> Hi All!
>> Grandson #1 wants to reproduce some of
>> Tesla's early designs for
>> next year's Science Fair.  While reading through the
>> Tesla Patents on Energy
>> Conduction through Rarefied Atmosphere (0.1 atm ~7
>> miles), NOT the ionosphere
>> (<0.0001 atm ~50 miles), I noticed that he gives
>> very specific coil
>> dimensions: Primary one Turn Diameter of 8ft (244
>> cm) , capacitor 0.04 uf,
>> fr=230kHz, V(in)=50KV.
>> This seems to be contradictory. Using the flat
>> spiral formula (NR)^2/(8R+11B)
>> with N=1, R=48" and B=0.25", I get L= ~6 uH for the
>> primary. Back-calculating
msnip...