Re: TC voltage?

Hi,

>At 11:55 PM 1/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I am building a TC and I would like to have an estimate of the voltage it
>will put out before I build it. It is a 15000 volt NST. The primary is going
>to have 15 turns and the secondary is going to use 2 pounds of #24 magnet
>wire around a 24" x 4.5 " PVC pipe. Is there an equation that I could use to
>find this out, or, do I just have to guess?

Although this is sort of a rough estimation and the actual voltage can be
affected by many things (like torroid size), The following equation is
about the best you will get:

Vs = 0.5 x Vp x SQRT( Ls / Lp )

Where:

Vs = secondary voltage
Vp = primary voltage
Ls = secondary coil inductance
Lp = primary coil inductance

The factor of 0.5 can vary from 0.5 to 0.7

Ls and Lp can be found from the equations at:

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/formulas.html

Cheers,

	Terry