Re: TC knowledge

A TC is a special transformer. In a transformer when you put a voltage in
the primary the voltage will be the same out as the ratio of turns. If you
have 10 turns in the primary and 100 turns in the secondary the output
voltage will be 10 times larger. Most TC coils have about 1: 100 turns. The
voltage in is about 20'000v so the output can be 2,000,000V. No this is not
all, but it is a over view of how it works. My small class room TC starts
with 100V and puts out 10,000V.
  Robert  H