Re: Weird Question

Hi,

It's a BIG subject but start out with these links for information:

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/

http://j.webring-dot-com/hub?ring=teslaring

No two tesla coils are the same so there is no "standard" information or
plans.  However, once you see the basic idea, they can be made in all kinds of
ways with what ever parts you can find.  Be sure to check the safety stuff out
at:

http://www.pupman-dot-com/safety.htm

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Safety/safety.htm

It sort of matters where the bullet hits.  In most places, it may just break
through wiring and cause small sparks.  Capacitors would bang like a
firecracker if they were charged when it hit.  A transformer could short the
primary and blow fuses.  A rotary gap "may" break but they are pretty tough and
would probably just get a hole in them.  Nothing too dramatic in any case...
If you missed the coil itself, nothing would happen aside from maybe blowing
the streamer around a small bit.

Cheers,

        Terry