TSG Trigger circuits

Original poster: "S & J Young by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <youngs-at-konnections-dot-net>

Coilers,

Greg Hunter kindly posted 3 of my circuits in his "Miscellaneous" section.
One is a variable rate pulse generator for asynchronous TSG use (e.g. DC
charging reactor supply), one is a synchronous variable delay pulse
generator which locks to zero crossings of the power line frequency and lets
you select either 60 or 120 Hz output, and the 3rd circuit is driven by
either the ATSG or STSG pulse generator and provides the pulse to an
ignition coil.  You can have a look at http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg/

I use the variable rate pulse generator and ignition coil driver with my DC
charging reactor TSG setup, and it works great!  Not shown in the IC driver
circuit are a pair of high meg resistor strings to keep the trigger
electrode potential about half way between the main gap electrodes.  You
might be able to do without them and the series HV cap string shown in the
circuit, and directly connect the ignition coil to the trigger electrode - I
haven't tried that.

--Steve