mot rewind

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <PsychoticMinds1-at-aol-dot-com>

       Hi all

                   I have just been given a 240 mot by a teacher at my school.
I ran it 110 but it wasnt enough for me :-)  so i cut the core and removed the
primary windings i have a bobin ready to make a new primary out of 22 awg
magnet wire how many turns would i need?  is 22 awg thick enough wire?  How
many amps can a 22 awg wire withstand?

                 Frank