Re: Spark gap erosion resistance

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Terry, All,

I have been using some of Marc's bullets in a static sucker gap, testing my
new power controller with a sort of throw together coil. . Oddly enough, my
experience seems opposite to yours, I am seeing fairly quick degradation of
the bullet. After a total of less than 20 min run time, the bullet measures
.015 shorter than a new one, and the top is visibly flattened. I tried to
post a picture of it, but for some reason my FTP program (get right) doesn't
show the temp folder.

I figure I must be power arcing or something. This set up is behaving odd, I
haven't had time to figure it out yet but I am having to set the gap closer
than I used to to avoid backfire in the safety gap. The bullets never get
more than slightly warm on operation. Any idea what I'm doing that's
roasting these 'odes?

Jonathan Peakall