RE: sstc driver enclosure

Original poster: "John Tomacic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla_ownz_u-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi everyone,
On my SSTC driver I use a small rubber booth on the main power toggle
switch, plastic booths on the small toggles and plastic knobs on the
potentiometer shafts.  This works fine as long as the controller is at least
10 feet away from the magnifier coil.  That's one of the advantages of
building a magnifier as opposed to an air coupled primary/secondary
arrangement... you can keep the coil far away from yourself and the
controller.  I still get RF burns from touching the controller chasis, and
the plexiglass cover sounds like a very good idea.

John Tomacic

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn-dot-com