Re: Experimental Help - Terry?

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

> very carefully <grin>

> If what you want to do is measure RF current, (rather than power),
>then, a bolometric scheme in the base of the secondary might be a
>practical scheme.

> I'd use the brightness of a filament lamp, calibrated with DC.

	Concur.  Since i have recommended it in the pat, I'd better.

	Tricky, as light bulbs are highly nonlinear.  Photocell
	for sensing, fiber optic to couple back to the meter.

	(The nonlinear effect, both of the lamp and the rest
	of the sensor chain would be taken care of by the
	calibration...)

	But.
	The original question was to determine POWER.  And current
	at the base may or may not (i expect does not) match
	current at the top.  (eg:  just as there is a voltage
	peak at the top, there is a current peak at the base.)

	best
	dwp