Re: Measuring self-capacitance directly (Re: flat secondary)

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I must admit I'm confused.

This will measure capacitance to ground, but what
about turn-to-turn capacitance? Or is this just meant
as sort of a rule-of-thumb sort of measurement? Isn't
it likely that a flat coil will have a very different
self-capacitance than a solenoid coil?

I wouldn't expect connecting your cap meter across the
leads of a coil to work, regardless of AC or DC output
of the meter.

Steve Greenfield