Re: rf burns

In a message dated 2/23/02 11:05:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> > Mark: flame burns are on the surface then go in. Rf burns are from bone
> out.
> > They are deep tissue burns. I had one in my finger that burned a small
> black
> > trail through the marrow of the bone. That was real long healing, it
> drained
> > over a mounth and took longer to heal.
>
>     I suspect it varies with the kind of RF burns: freq, power,
>     and how applied.  An RF 'arc', if it flashes thru to bone,
>     might well act as described.  A lower power one, or one applied
>     by an induction coil, might stay more surface bound.

One time I reached for the toroid of a powered-up
tube coil, because I forgot the coil was turned on (I had set it for
no spark breakout).  The sparks flashed to my hand ferociously,
but the burn seems to be limited to the surface pretty much,
although it covered a wide area of a couple of fingers.  It healed
very quickly.

Cheers,
John