Re: Experimental Help - Terry?

Tesla list wrote:

<Goinbonkers-at-aol-dot-com>

> The hot wire sensor is one commom way to measure RF power.  I have some
> literature on it.  I'll try to dig it up.
> Mike

	An easy and practical way to measure current, but to measure power
you'd either have to "match" the impedance of the hot wire to that of
the coil, or else know enough about the voltage to guess at the
volt-ampere product and speculate on how much of it was resistive.
Power meters based on thermal detectors are quite commonly used in
measurement of RF power, but only when the circuit impedance is well
defined.  Some dump all of the power into the resistor, and some high
frequency ones sample part of the power with a directional coupler.
Can't imagine meeting any of these conditions with a TC.

Ed