Re: Vortices off tops of discharges

My thoughts are away from heat. Whenever current flows a magnetic field
forms. This field moves the current path at a 90o vector. (right hand motor
rule) causing the current to rotate like the field inside a magnetron tube.
The current path is still toward its neutralization point so it followes a
helical path like a motor spins on a shaft.
  Robert  H