Re: Secondary groundig to earth

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Goinbonkers-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Chris,
   Welcome to the fun!   What you have will work.   your copper plate is acting
as a 'counterpoise'.   A counterpoise is an alternative to grounding the
secondary because it acts and  plate of a the secondary capacitance. The
topload is the other plate - ignoring the coil's self capacitance for the
moment.
Mike