Help ID'ing a possible capacitor

Original poster: "jesse hampton by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <zetoyoc-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello,

I finally got caught up enough on my list reading to
ask my question. In looking for possible parts to use
in tesla duty I came across an old what we think is a
capacitor made mostly of copper. Now I am far from an
expert on these things and was hopping a few kind
soals would look at a few pictures of this aparatus
and shed some light on it usefullness. the pictures
can be found here.
http://www.geocities-dot-com/zetoyoc/What_is_it.html

if there is more information you might need please let
me know ill get it if i can.

Thank you,

Jesse Hampton