Re: Interference-SSTC

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 08:13 PM 20/02/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

>Hi all,
>
>How can i stop interference from my SSTC? It operates at
>around 450 khz.  Everytime I turn it on, the family goes
>NUTS!  There is a large antenna above the house.  Could
>this cause the probs?
>
>Thanks,
>Matt

Hello Matt, Coilers,

The likely cause of your troubles is that your coil is operating
very close to the I.F. frequency of virtually all A.M. radios,
455 kHz.!!  Try moving your coil's frequency down a bit, and if
the radio gods like you, your troubles MIGHT clear up a bit.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca