RE: Spiral Coil test suggestions: was Re: (Fwd) RE: Longitudinal Waves

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry
> Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>
>
> >> I'm going to jump ahead of your answer, because I
> can't see how energy
> would
> >> be efficiently added gradually through the entire
> cycle, it must be added
> as
> >> a pulse at a given time.
> >  Why do you say that? The current waveform of the
> primary is (mostly) what
> determines the voltage waveform across the
> secondary.
>
> Both the primary and the secondary, or any wave
> generator or resonant wave
> device, has to continually add energy to the wave in
> order to maintain the
> amplitude.  Energy can only be added at specific
> times to the wave form,
> otherwise the waveform would quickly fall apart

Again, think of it like a pendulum. As long as it is
in phase, you can add energy at any point in the sine
wave. Look up Class C amplifier, Class B, Class AB,
etc.

Energy can be added at any time during the cycle as
long as it is in phase, or during the entire cycle.
Tube coils may work either by adding power during the
entire cycle or may be biased Class C to only add
power as asymmetrical pulses. CW drive adds energy
during the entire cycle. Spark Gap Tesla coils add
energy semi-chaotically as a pulse but ultimately
either still in phase or it forces the secondary
ringing to move slightly in phase.

Dave, I love the descriptions of Plasma Ball tornado
discharges. Perhaps the magnetic field is making the
charges follow a spiral path. Have you tried taking
the ball of the Plasma Ball off of its base and
attaching it directly to the center terminal?

Steve Greenfield