Re: Practical problem with SRGS

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 2/18/02 7:56:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Your Strobe lies :) Or the difference is so slow you can't see it (had this
> happen). You're slightly out of speed and it's coming in and out of phase.
> That's my guess anyways.
>
> Is this the white one with the toilet-brush handle I saw at the summerThon?

Hi Chris, all,

This is brand new construction, only the rotor is the same. Using the strobe to
trigger a photocell attached to a dual trace scope shows no noticeable strobe
drift over 5 minutes, while this problem occurs every 5-10 sec. If it's lying,
it's being very clever. Back to head scratching. If the lab warms up tomorrow,
I'll try finishing the phase controller in the new power cabinet. At 170#+ and
5' x2' x2',  I'd rather not have to carry it downstairs. Likewise, precision
work in my lab does not occur often below 30F (-1C) ambient temp.

Matt D.