Re: Then what's the topload FOR?

Hi Ed,

On 18 Feb 2002, at 19:01, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>
>
> > But streamer formation takes place in *far* less time than the time
> > per cycle of oscillation.
>
> 	That's not my experience here.  When I first power up a (relatively low
> power) coil the streamers sometimes appear to build up over a period
> which seems like a second or more.

This might be a case of oranges and apples? I was referring to
streamer formation as observed from a single primary shot. Like the
rapidity with which the air ionizes in just a fraction of an
oscillatory cycle. I'm well aware that successive shots make the
streamer grow over a much greater timescale (as you know ;).

Regards,
Malcolm