Re: Inductance measurements of a flat spiral coil

> I'm always keeping my eyes open for the occasional
> lucky find. I have some 1% 2W 0.1 Ohm resistors I use
> for current measurement, and a 0.1% capacitor, I think
> it is 680pF.

Keep in mind that if you combine a bunch of randomly selected resistors of
the same value, the tolerance goes as 1/Sqrt(N).  So, 100 1% resistors in
series will be a 0.1% resistor.  The key is that the errors have to be
independent (i.e. if they're all from the same mfr lot, and uniformly 0.05%
high, it doesn't work...)

> But the way I do it, the 1000pF doesn't matter! :'))
> That is the beauty of this method. All that matters is
> the accuracy of the capacitance you add.

Indeed...