Re: Saturating LTR coil! - demonstrated!! - RE: ~Variac question

Tesla list wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> WOW!!!  This is that coil that always seem to perform better than it
> "should".  It appears you have indeed got a true saturating LTR coil!!  The
> current you measured is just right at what should be expected.
>
> So your 15/60 NST is putting out maybe 3200 watts!!!! :-))))  Better yet,
> it seems to survive!!  The current is about 3X so the temperature rise on
> the windings is about 10X but it is intermittent operation at room
> temperature so maybe no damage is being done.
>
> I wonder what is limiting the current?  Maybe the shunts still work a
> little or the rest of the system naturally limits itself??  Does the NST
> hum real loud??  It may be the rest of the core is saturating as the "next"
> current limiter.

Question:

	What is the voltage across the transformer during these conditions?  I
can see no way to get that much current without approaching series
resonance;  the current which charges the capacitor has to pass through
the leakage reactance.

Ed