RE: ~Variac question

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

Good guess!  I measured 184 mA RMS leaving the NST HV bushing, measured
with the fiber optic probe and RMS function of a Tek scope.  And this is
with no modifications to the NST shunts.  I have always run with the volume
set to "11", and have had no problems.  I have noted that the NST will get
warm after a couple minutes, actually re-melting a portion of the Vaseline
jel that it's potted in, but I've seen no permanent ill effects.

Gary Lau
MA, USA