peer review

> >There's nothing special about a flat coil - it can be obtained from a
> solenoid by a continuous deformation with no changes in symmetry.  Proximity
> of the primary could be a real problem, I'd expect to see a lot of wasteful
> and damaging corona around the secondary.

> What are we to believe, your ideas, or my results?  My idea of peer review
> is someone who tries to replicate the experiment and uses the resulting data
> to prove or disprove the experiment.

	The majority of peer review is done, as here, by examining
	the reported results and asking questions of the reporter,
	including, specifically, pointing out alternate possible
	explanations.

> The only time I have corona around the secondary is when I load the
> terminal with an electrostatically sealed capacitance.

	What is an 'electrostatically sealed capacitance'?

> At that point the voltage is well over 300,000.  Not even the coating
> on the magnet wire can withstand that kind of pressure.

	Typical magnet wire is insulated for a few hundred volts...

> Hasn't it occurred to you yet that the reason flat spiral coils are not
> routinely built is BECAUSE they are so much different from solenoid coils?

	I suggest that they were used and if results had been useful,
	they WOULD BE used...

> Granted, if long sparks were the only reason to build a Tesla coil, you
> don't want to build a flat spiral because the peak voltage is inside the
> windings.  But we know for a fact that Tesla preferred the flat spiral
> secondary coil over the solenoid coil for his experiments and final design
> of Wardencliffe.

	Are these plans available?

	best
	dwp