Re: 1/4 wave theory

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Goinbonkers-at-aol-dot-com>

I think I'd test it before rewinding it.  I have a 5.5 inch diam coil with 550
of 19g wire that I wound before ever getting on the list.   I don't have a coil
to compare it to, with finer wire and more turns, but it seems to have an
output approximately the same as others' coils of similar power input.  The
only downside is that the tuning is very sharp and the output drops to nothing
if the coil is tapped just a few inches off from the sweet spot.
Mike