Re: Making Flat secondaries - disaster #1...

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi Terry.

	Sorry to hear about your disaster <:-0.  You might try to get thick
plexiglass (1/4" or larger), leave the protective coating on, and use
your "failed" method.  Also, as you wind the coil, drip varnish or epoxy
onto the incoming wire (epoxy is probably best, since varnish could have
a hard time drying in the confined space.).  Plus, drilling plexi is
touchy, but drilling glass (w/o good equipment) is "a bit" harder.  I
think someone proposed this a little while ago.

	Wait for the epoxy or whatever you use to cure/dry, then pull the
sheets of plexiglass apart.  The film may or may not come off the coil,
but it only adds insulation if it won't.

	With regard to putting holes in plexiglass, I usually leave the drill
in the box, and use a hot object to melt holes in it instead.  What bur
is left easily comes off when "coaxed" with a sharp object, and the
fumes aren't TOO bad :-).  It's better than sending shrapnel throughout
your garage and destroying the piece in the process.

Just a thought.

Hoping disaster #2 isn't on the way....
Winston K.