RE: (Fwd) RE: Longitudinal Waves

Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

Hello Dave,

I was describing ringdown of a tuned circuit without added energy.  Energy
could be added using a pulse or by feeding the circuit with a sine wave at
the resonant frequency.  Pulse fed (I am not sure where the pulse would go
for best efficiency or highest voltage or ?), you would see the pulse (if
you watch the voltage on a scope).  Sine wave fed you would see a gain in
amplitude unless losses are larger than the energy added, but a smooth sine
wave (kind of the reverse of a ringdown).

Watching an AC voltage supply on a 'scope won't show any bumps or damping;
just a nice fixed-amplitude, fixed-wavelength sine wave.  That's what you
get from the power company.

I think Terry has some pictures of oscilloscope traces that show voltage of
a TC primary and other stuff.

Regards,

Pete Komen

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/MyPapers.htm