Re: Making Flat secondaries - disaster #1...

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

Terry,
I have good luck drilling glass using a triangular file sharpened to a point.
Use a lite lubricant like turpentine. WD-40 autta work.

To wind a flat secondary I thot of rotating a piece of glass on a coil
winding gizmo
rigged to slowly turn the glass parallel to the table top. Gotta try
different adhesives
that will allow the finger to guide the wire into place so it slips thru the
glop into
its place against the previous turn. Same as we do when winding a solenoid.
Problem seems to be in finding the right adhesive. I might try one of the GE
silicone adhesives. I see many a mess.  :-))

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman