Re: Drain Bamage - Not a mercury interrupter!

> Aha...I recognize that photo.  It was in Cheney's most recent book
> and was completely misidentified.  Many of her technical details are
> way off,  though her books are fun to read and the photos in the most
> recent are fascinating!

	I thought it was verboten to talk about Cheney here!!

> http://www.voltnet-dot-com/tesla/temp/directcoupled.JPG
>
> I think there are some actual photos of Tesla's mercury interrupter
> floating around someplace, or you can go to the patents to see what
> it looked like.  What I find even more interesting about that
> particular photo you posted is where the spiral staircase goes.  It
> would be great if someday an archaeological dig could be done around
> the Wardenclyffe lab.   I'd love to know how deep Tesla really went
> with his ground system, how the lab was coupled to the tower, etc.
> etc.
>
> Zap!
>
> Charles Brush
> http://www.VoltNet-dot-com

	Seem to remember that a while back Antonio had some pictures of an HV
supply (part of an X-ray setup?  can't remember) dating from the 1930's
and using a mercury interruptor.  German manufacturer - Siemens?   If he
reads this perhaps he can provide some details.  Antonio sure runs
across a bunch of really neat old equipment - suspect most of the stuff
like that in this country was junked long ago.

Ed