Re: Flat secondary measurements

Original poster: "John Tomacic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla_ownz_u-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi,

I used "Wintesla" to calculate the inductance of my 5.625 inch diameter
coil, 21.9 inches long wound with #24 wire. It gives an inductance of 32.64
mH, and length of wire 1478.55 feet.

For the flat spiral I used the following formula for inductance:
L= (NR)^2/(8R+11W) N= 431 turns, R=6.55 (inside radius = 2 in, outside
radius = 11.1 inches) and W= 9.1 in (431 turns * 0.0211 (wire dia)).

L= 52.28 mH

The wire length in the spiral was calculated from
lenght = N*pi*(2*r0+d*N)/12   N= 431 turns, r0 = 2 inches (inside radius), d
= .0211 (wire diameter), pi = 3.14159

l= 1478.40 feet

Regards,
John T.