RE: Stop the nonsense

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Paul,

>There's nothing special about a flat coil - it can be obtained from a
solenoid by a continuous deformation with no changes in symmetry.  Proximity
of the primary could be a real problem, I'd expect to see a lot of wasteful
and damaging corona around the secondary.

What are we to believe, your ideas, or my results?  My idea of peer review
is someone who tries to replicate the experiment and uses the resulting data
to prove or disprove the experiment.

The only time I have corona around the secondary is when I load the terminal
with an electrostatically sealed capacitance.  At that point the voltage is
well over 300,000.  Not even the coating on the magnet wire can withstand
that kind of pressure.

Hasn't it occurred to you yet that the reason flat spiral coils are not
routinely built is BECAUSE they are so much different from solenoid coils?
Granted, if long sparks were the only reason to build a Tesla coil, you
don't want to build a flat spiral because the peak voltage is inside the
windings.  But we know for a fact that Tesla preferred the flat spiral
secondary coil over the solenoid coil for his experiments and final design
of Wardencliffe.  Do you really think Tesla was that far out of his game
that he couldn't tell real power when he saw it?

You and others are missing the boat.  I don't want to attack your education
or your cherished beliefs, but if you ever put your hands on a flat spiral
secondary, you would have to question your beliefs yourself.  You will find
that your present resources are inadequate to fully explain the operation of
a flat spiral secondary.

>Terry wrote:
> I cannot think of a longitudinal wave system that does
> not have very sever boundary conditions

A longitudinal wave has zero potential and only one direction.  The only
things that vary in a longitudinal wave of zero potential are density and
speed.  And for any given length of time, the average density and speed will
be constant.  The boundaries of a longitudinal wave lie in the range of
variation in the density and speed.  You cannot model a longitudinal wave
the same as a wave with potential since the longitudinal wave parameters
fall outside the acceptable range of values (i.e. voltage = 0).  A different
model is in order.  That's why I have come up with c^2.  c^2 can account for
both longitudinal waves AND potential waves.  I'm currently working with
physicists in other areas of the Internet on developing the mathematics of
c^2.  Unlike the closed mindedness I find here, there are folks with far
greater technical background who understand and see the value of the c^2
model.  The standard model used today doesn't work because Heaviside removed
the characteristics of Maxwell's equations that would have allowed for zero
potential waves (at least that is how I have heard the mathematicians
explain it.)

Look, even if you guys can't understand the physics that I'm trying to
convey, or even if you just don't want to, you owe it to yourselves as Tesla
coilers to build a flat spiral secondary and see for yourself what is
happening.  At the very least, you can provide a real world assessment
within your own engineering background that others can follow.  I would be
delighted to build coils without having to develop an entirely new physics
to explain them.  Just build the things and tell me how they work.

>> What is the voltage profile of a "flat" secondary?
>I'll calculate it, if you're prepared to measure it as a check on the
program!

I'll provide the coil for the measurements if need be.

Dave