RE: Stop the nonsense

Hi David,

On 14 Feb 2002, at 11:27, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

> Hi Marc,
>
> Thanks for the encouraging view.
>
> I'll wind a 13" three wire wye coil for anybody for $75.  This is very
> reasonable considering the difficulty of winding a flat spiral.  Then you
> guys can do all the testing and measuring you want.  The schematics for
> using this coil are already posted on my web site.  I would just love to see
> someone get some meaningful data concerning flat spiral secondaries.  It
> would be great if all the characteristics of flat spiral secondaries can fit
> into current models of coils.
>
> Personally, I've tried all the inductance formulas and none of them match
> the measured inductances of the coil.  I have gotten extremely high
> electrostatic voltages from these wye coils by putting a strong
> electrostatic capacitance on the terminal.  I have identified a clear
> electrostatic potential between the space below and the space above the flat
> spiral coil.  How many of you have a solenoid that shows a coil with one end
> continuously at a negative potential and the other end continuously at a
> positive potential (actually it might exist between the center of the
> solenoid and the space around the outside of the solenoid?  Maybe somebody
> could check this.)
>
> The vector of energy in a flat spiral is clearly in one direction, from the
> outside toward the center.  As far as I know, solenoids are RF all the way
> through.
>
> I'm with you Marc, I have shown the flat spiral coil has different
> properties than a solenoid coil.  OK, so these guys don't like my c^2
> theory.  Forget it.  Let them show me their theory based on actual
> measurements and observations.

That strikes me as being a very fair comment. So fair in fact that
I'm considering winding such a coil. First question: is it single
layer? Please post the physical winding details so it can be
duplicated. I will figure out the mechanics of winding it and when
time permits, do so and do some measuring. I've already decided to
wind a single wire job and run it as an extra coil as I described
earlier - just to make an interesting magnifier if nothing else.

Regards,
Malcolm