Re: Newbie Question - Capacitors

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Jaime,

Probably the cheapest way to build an MMC these days
is with Geek group caps. These are polypropylene film
pulse caps, which are the best kind. Your order could
take a few weeks or even a few months to arrive, so
you could build a bottle cap to get started with. I
suggest 12oz beer bottles with clear, uncolored glass.
For a 15kv/60ma NST, a 12-pack of bottles wired in
parallel will give you about .01uF. The beer bottles
will get you sparking now, rather than 5 months from
now.

Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg