Re: Longitudinal Waves

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 2/13/02 9:55:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> When we see a sine wave on an oscilloscope, it is really a series of pulses
> we are looking at.  And to be more precise, we are looking at only the first
> second of each successive pulse.  The damped sine wave has both electric and
> magnetic forces during the time it is decaying.  The electric force comes
> from the initial electrostatic charge and the magnetic force comes from the
> longitudinal wave.  In the first second, this combined electromagnetic force
> is its strongest.  That is why we cut out the first second of each pulse to
> make our sine waves.  All the electromagnetic technology is based on this
> first second of each pulse.

Whoa!
         Just because a sine wave can re represented mathematically by a series
of pulses, and equally that any pulse can be shown to be reducible to a series
of sine waves, does not mean that there is a physical equivalence. In digital
recording equipment, a sine wave can be synthesized by a series of pulses. This
does not mean that all sine waves from all sources are physically created by
pulses.
         It has been known for decades that electrons do not really move in
planetary-type orbits, nor are energy levels horizontal rings. Therefore the
description used to show how these waves form does not hold (its) water well.
:(~

Matt D.