Re: Finding the center of round stock

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi Shad, All

---8x---SNIP---

>     Also, facing the electrodes can be a problem.  I just chuck up the
> electrode in my drillpress, set it to a medium speed, and work the end over
> with a file or grinding stone on the Dremel. Works like a champ to take the
> sharp edges off of the hacksaw-cut brass stock I use for stationary
> electrodes.

---8x---SNIP---

Yep, that sounds like a good way of getting your centres - think I might
employ it myself, or something similar.

However, regarding the above comment, yes, good idea, but watch the
lateral force that you exert, especially with cheaper drill presses; I
don't know if the bearings are spec'd to take force in that plane...  If
you've got a decent sized press with nice, meaty, bearings, I wouldn't
worry, however.

Thanks for the tips, Shad.

Cheers

Matthew Smith