Re: Stop the nonsense

Hi Terry,
          Great post! Speaking for myself, interpretation of results
is the only issue I am dealing with on this topic. Claims that
something is being produced must, in my opinion, be backed by hard,
unequivocal evidence. With regard to Dave's experiments, I haven't
seen any such piece of evidence. Plenty of theoretical musings, yes.

     Anyone who doubts the existence of longitudinal waves of energy
is denying the classic school experiment with a slinky and the
evidence of their own ears (what does a loudspeaker produce?). I
should point out with regard to the issue of dispersion, that is a
factor that depends on whether the transmission medium is bounded or
not.

Regards all,
Malcolm

On 12 Feb 2002, at 13:44, Tesla list wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> "Longitudinal waves" do really exits in microwave devices and pipe organs
> as well as many other situations.  The definition does get "twisted" a bit
> when it comes to Tesla coiling.  I think folks associate Tesla's original
> Earth resonance idea with being based on longitudinal waves.  That sort of
> stretches the definition, but I see what they mean.  There is no stretch of
> new physics involved with the basic concept.  Some of the atomic level
> stuff did sound "strange" to me but I am no genius in that area.

<snip>