Re: patent search was: Extra coil/Triple-Resonance

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2002 8:20 AM
Subject: Re: patent search was: Extra coil/Triple-Resonance

> Hi Jim,
>
> The USPTO site's TIFF files can be veiwed/printed under windows with the
> free AlternaTiff plugin.

Viewed and printed, true enough, but I want download... So I can post a copy
of my patents on my website...

> http://www.alternatiff-dot-com/
>
> It would be nice if they went to PDF...

A very nice explanation of why they are TIFF on the FAQ.  I'm perfectly
happy with TIFF. It's a reasonably popular published format, available to
anyone (I think), so, therefore, suitable for a publicly funded resource.
While some might like GIF, there are those persistent LZW compression patent
licensing issues, although, Congress could make a determination that in the
public good, private rights would be superseded (hard to imagine PTO going
for this though, given that their whole reason for being is documenting
private IP rights).

> I also have all the PDF's of Tesla's patents from Bart at:
>
> http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/OtherPapers/TeslaPatents/

But you don't have the all important 6,279,254 (Fan Advertising device) and
 5,971,765 (Method and system for generating artificial tornadoes and
related vortex phenomena)

Not Tesla related, I grant you....