Dissapointing and confusing Results with MMC

Original poster: "CJ Moore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wizard1234-at-home-dot-com>

After my other cap died on me (35kv .035 uf) I decided to upgrade to an MMC
which I built to 18 kv .05 uf tested at .046. My primaries are 2 NST's 9kv
60ma each. After hooking up the new cap, I had shorter sparks and it
operates very inconsitently. Maybe 1/5 times it works, 4/5 times it makes
this buzzing noise and then I turn it off, turn it on, etc. Another thing is
that when I ground the primary and secondary, the coil doesn't work at all
and doesn't making the buzzing noise. With the old cap I had about 20 inch
sparks(measured to ground), and with the new (i'm guessing) about 8-12 inch
sparks. I should also note that I do not have a terry protection circuit
installed, nor do I have any real resistors in the MMC (Instead I just
hooked up the leads from each cap with folded peices of tin foil). Please
Help

CJ