Re: Extra coil/Triple-Resonance

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

<Michael.Day-at-USPTO.GOV>

> Has anyone checked our U.S. patent No. 4,833,431 by Bieniosek, titled
> "Triple-Resonance Pulse Transformer Circuit?"  It appears to contain much
> useful data regarding magnifier circuits.  McDac has let the patent run out
> so the information is available for the taking.  I wonder what they were
> doing?  Lightning strike testing of aircraft?  Interesting, at least someone
> thought Tesla magnifiers had commercial value.

I mention Bieniosek in my references. The papers and patent are
interesting
to see how a magnifier configuration arises in a practical (although
quite esoteric) problem. These things are used to charge pulse forming
lines in particle beam generators, radar transmitters, etc.
There are some errors in the formulas, corrected in my site. The
procedure
for the calculation of the element values can be also much simpler than
what is outlined in the papers.
See: http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/magnifier.html

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz