RE: pairing obits

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Colin,

"OBIT" is an acronym for "oil burner ignition
transformer". These are used to light oil burning
household furnaces. Typical output is 10kvac at 23ma.
They are self-limiting and can be run short-circuited
indefinitely without harm. They are often cheap or
free as salvage from HVAC dealers.

The mailing list has many such oddball acronyms,
abbreviations, shortcuts, and technical lingo. See my
on-line Tesla list glossary for decryption of these
arcane terms.

Best Regards

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg