Re: c^2 and Longitudinal Waves

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

http://www.tesla-coil-builder-dot-com/c2_and_longitudinal_waves.htm

> When you understand how c^2 really looks, you will
> see that Tesla was right
> all along concerning longitudinal waves.  The
> potential gains to be had from
> this view are many.

**Begin Quote**
Let's look at an ideal expansion of light.  In the
first moment, or (t)ime0, light is a point, and
emerges as a perfect sphere.  In the next moment t1
light has traveled one second.  According to C**2,
light will have expanded to cover 34 billion square
miles of area at a radius of 186,000 miles from the
light source.

Using the formula for the surface of a sphere the
surface area of a sphere = 4*Pi*r**2
**End Quote**

But by the formula you show, that is ~434 billion
square miles. How can 186,000**2 equal
4*Pi*(186,000**2)?

I am not following your description of how this proves
that the expanding sphere of light flattens. This
would require the speed of light to vary according to
direction. A supernova explosion may form a flat disk
-of- -ejecta-, which is another thing entirely.

So I do not see how this proves that a flat spiral
primary coil is better. I'm not saying you are wrong
about flat spiral being better, but I do see a lot of
holes and leaps of faith in your proof.

You really sounded like you were going somewhere with
this.

Steve Greenfield