Re: Is it possible?

It's been done... Merle Tuve did it in the 30's at 5 MV (I think) with a
horizontal bipolar coil in a large pressurized oil tank. This was back in
the days when TCs were a viable means of creating accelerating voltages for
particle accelerators.  IN general, TCs (or AC sources in general) aren't
particularly suitable for potential drop accelerators, because the ion
energy varies.

Around the same time Robert Van deGraaff came up with the belt charged
generator, which produces a nice stable DC, and which dominated this kind
of accelerator for many years.  Cockroft and Walton developed the cascade
voltage multiplier for the same purpose.