RE: Re-configuring X-Ray Transformers

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Kristian

Since you have already disassembled one of the three-phase x-ray
transformers, I was wondering if you found any of the materials useful for
tesla coiling. I got hold of the remains of a 150kV/1000mA three-phase x-ray
transformer after it was disassembled. The remains consist of three
secondary coils, three primary coils, and a mass of laminations. Some of the
laminations are 3.75 inches wide and 24 inches long. The primary wire is so
thick, I have great difficulty bending the stuff with my hands. Some
possible uses are below.

Secondary coils-----------------wire for winding a tesla coil secondary.

Primary coils----------------------wire for making an inductor

Laminations-----------------------core material for a sliding core inductor